You Are Here: Pages ›› Home
The following is a summary of the challenges you are going to meet, the interview skills you will need when you present at job interview. The candidate who is most skillful in handling these challenges will be the memorable candidate.
- Selling yourself without telling the interviewer how good you are.
- Speaking with confidence and conviction. If you don't, you will lack credibility however good your answers.
- Reading between the lines, so you can adress what's behind the question.
- Turning the interview into a conversation. If all you do is answer the interviewer's questions, it's going to be a bit like playing a game of football and never challenging for possesion, or a tennis match and letting the other person serve all the time.
- Knowing how to handle the curve ball question; and there will be a curve ball question
In my experience of interviewing, it's failure to impress in one or more of these areas that let's candidates down. It's the rare candidate whose interview skills are "top drawer" in all five areas. It's these interview skills that define the memorable candidates, the ones who walk into almost any job.
Maybe you'd like to talk to me about this. Pick up the phone and dial 07795-288490